Re: Oracle backups using Snapshot Technology

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 01:59:25 -0500

Well, for those requirements you better go with third-mirror /
split-mirror type of technologies. I wouldn't bet on snapshots in this
case (or maybe it's just wording and that what you meant). Recently,
we've implemented EMC BCV backups of couple 1 TB databases and they
work like a charm - 4 times a day having a backup - dream of any DBA!
:) Plus daily off-host backups to tape.

On 11/8/06, Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In cases where you have really extreme backup requirements (e.g., terabyte+
database running flat-out 24x7 on the biggest hardware you can find)
snapshot technologies can be a godsend.  They might be the only option
available.

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

The Pythian Group