Re: Oracle and mysql

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:34:11 -0700

The most important information has been left out -- what are you
comparing and what is your criteria (this is a very personal
question).
One person could say MySQL meets all their criteria and is thus better
and cheeper, the other say that Oracle has functionality etc, that is
their requirement so MySQL is not an option -- the interesting part is
both people may be right, based on their criteria.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn