Oracle and NetApp

  • From: "Brian Lucas" <moabrivers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 13:52:28 -0600

We are in the process of putting a new environment in, complete with new
servers, fabric switches, and an HA NetApp cluster.  Oracle 10g RAC will run
in this environment on 2 physical nodes and we want to take advantage of the
NetApp filer's ability to clone databases and open them up as new instances
(including ASM instances).  Does anyone have something like this in their
current environment?  If so, is the clone process overly complex?   We are
not licensed for their SnapManager for Oracle tool but we do have FlexClone,
SnapRestore, and the FCP protocol licensed.

Just looking for some helpful advice in that area.  Examples would be
awesome.

Thanks!