Re: Oracle and DST changes

  • From: "Mark Strickland" <strickland.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Barbara Baker" <barb.baker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:10:42 -0800

That looks right to me.  If you're going to patch everything no matter what,
then I don't see a reason to run utltzuv2.sql unless you're just curious.

On 1/31/07, Barbara Baker <barb.baker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oracle 10.1.0.3        Solaris 9

Mark and Tom:

I have several 10.1.0.3 databases with no possibility of upgrading.

I wonder if I might prevail on you to review these steps and let me know
if this is what you did to upgrade your timezones for a 10.1.0.3 database

   1. Downloaded patch 5126270, manually placed the timezdif.csv in
   $ORACLE_HOME/oracore/zoneinfo and ran utltzuv2.sql
   2. After step 1, I do not appear to have affected data, nor do I
   have Java issues
   3. I downloaded patch 4689959 for 10.1.0.4
   4. I plan to manually move the timezlrg.dat and timezone.dat files
   to $ORACLEl_HOME/oracore/zoneinfo

Does this sound correct?

I've downloaded about a bazillion metalink articles, and I'm still
struggling.

Thanks for any help!

Barb