RE: Oracle VM server licensing

  • From: "Fontecchio, Mark" <mfontecchio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-db-l <oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:27:07 -0400

Note on configuring Oracle VM for hard partitioning:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/virtualization/ovm-hardpart-167739.pdf

Mark Fontecchio
Site Editor, SearchOracle.com
TechTarget
(269) 588-0295
mfontecchio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
linkedin.com/in/markfontecchio

From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Sep 9, 2010 13:24
Subject: Oracle VM server licensing
To: "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-db-l"
<oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We are contemplating migrating some of our servers to VM.  How does
Oracle handle licensing per processor in a VM environment.  Any Oracle
docs you can refer me to?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113