Re: Oracle Text resources

  • From: Pat Hildebrand <pat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Arnold, Sandra" <ArnoldS@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:03:54 -0500

There are two books in the Oracle documentation on tech net. I don't
know if they are included in the original poster's "I have already
looked at the PDFs" or not. Since they are entiled "Oracle Text
Application Developer's Guide" and "Oracle Text Reference" they sound
like they might be something other than mentioned in this
response. One confusing thing is that on Tech Net they seem to be
referred to just as Text instead of Oracle Text but the title page of
the PDF for both say Oracle Text.

I think when I was looking at them recently I did see see something
about multi-language but since that was not what I was looking for I'm
not sure. I found going back and forth between the two to be most
helpful so I can't even say which one might have the information. If
it matters I was looking at the 9iR2 documentation but just took a
quick look at 10gR1 and 10gR2 to see if they exist there as well and
they do.

           Pat