From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Thomas Roach
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 1:28 PM
To: Freeman, Donald
Cc: Oracle Discussion List
Subject: Re: Oracle Support renewal

Well this is 6i forms and reports. I don't need that anymore. We bought Oracle
BI so we wanted to drop support for forms and reports and were told, if you do
that, this happens, so needless to say, it is cheaper to keep paying for
support on forms and reports than to drop it, even though it is itemized on the
support renewal.

sigh

My management is not happy with that, we were looking at Oracle for other
products, but I don't think those would win, and they just called IBM to talk
to them about DB2. They are not happy at all.

Can you blame them?
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Freeman, Donald
<dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Same thing happened to us.  If we decide to drop anything they readjust the
price of support for all the rest.  Needless to say it won't be downward.

Donald Freeman
Database Administrator II
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Department of Health