Oracle Streams vs Advanced Replication

I'm working on a project that will use Oracle with
some type of replication, either at the application
layer, using advanced rep, or Oracle Streams.

I've heard Advanaced Rep is resource intensive and
often slow to propagate changes at high volumes of
transactions. Is there anyone out there using Oracle
Streams in a production environment with transaction
rates approaching 300 inserts a second?

If so, what are do you like about Streams and what
problems have you encountered using Streams?

I've also heard about people replicating using
advanced queues and their own home grown utilties. If
you're happy with what you're doing I'd like to hear
about it.

I kind of feel like Oracle falls down on replication
and would like to be proven wrong.

Thx, Dave

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail