Re: "Oracle Streams" by Madhu Tumma

  • From: Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:03:41 -0500

Just to add, went briefly through the book - it has just a tad more then
what you'll find in manuals.
Not worth your time.
Streams is Oracle's replacement for Advanced Replication. In that sense it
can be considered as an alternative to RAC.
I liked it - much easier to setup then AR, good performance in test env.
There is good working example on otn written by Mishra on basic setup.
10g also has dbms_streams.maintain_schema proc that enables simple
replication setup for the whole schema in ONE step.
 Regards, Ranko.