Re: Oracle Streams

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mishra.sanjay@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:48:31 -0800 (PST)

Sanjay

I know that you are truly guru of several Oracle stuff
like Streams. Finally after reinstalling Oracle, I had
created the Replication env using 9.2.0.5 and then
apply patch to 9.2.0.6. Now everything works. Thanks
for your email.

I still had one question. How can I disable current
session to not send the changes to other server. In
Advance replication we use
dbms_reputil.replication_off and all changes in that
session are not replicated.

Actually I had to use it in the following schenario,
I had to create the sequecnes with different starting
value on DB1 and DB2. Now If I am creating on DB1, it
will passed as such to DB2 and as it is two way
replication setup and so is the problem.

Also I need to create some cron job that should delete
some 30 days old data from some of the table and so
don't want to put load on the network and want to run
independent Job on both server. This way I will make
the failover easy.

Thanks for your kind consideration and time

http://my.yahoo.com