From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Matthew Zito
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 4:39 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Oracle Standard Edition & RAC?

Folks,

Had a quick question for the folks out here - how many people are using,
or looking at using Standard Edition with RAC in lieu of EE?  Are the
cost savings worth the annoyance of the limitations?  Why is/isn't
everyone doing this?  I have a customer that is asking for why they
shouldn't be using Standard Edition - I'm an old EE bigot who thought
standard edition was for integrating into software and laptops, but I've
been hearing more and more people talk about using SE w/ RAC instead of
EE for smaller environments.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt

--