Oracle Replication: unregistering a snapshot

  • From: Sarah Satterthwaite <ssatterthwaite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:58:20 -0400

I have been testing Oracle Replication, single master with one updatable
snapshot site on Windows 2000, Oracle 8.1.7.4.

I have a snapshot registered at the master site that I cannot get rid of.
All the objects at the snapshot site have been removed.  My guess is that I
failed to run dbms_repcat.drop_snapshot_repobject when I was cleaning up the
snapshot site.  Any suggestions on how to get rid of it now?

As I have scripted the creation of the replicated objects, I have also tried
to write a corresponding drop script. They seem to work, but I would be
happier with some documentation to confirm that I have come up with the
proper way to do it.  Does anyone have pointers to such documentation?

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah Satterthwaite
Database Administrator