RE: Oracle Replication previous to Oracle 7?

  • From: Don Granaman <DonGranaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:34:31 -0500

There was no form of built-in replication prior to Oracle 7.

I started with Oracle 5 (not including a bit of learning SQL using Oracle 4's
UFI!).  We had a significant distributed environment with Oracle 6 and had to
build it custom, from scratch, using Pro-C.  Even triggers and PL/SQL in the
database were not available when we did this.

Don Granaman | Phone: 402-361-3073 | Cell: 402-960-6955 | Fax: 402-361-3173 |
Solutionary | Relevant . Intelligent . Security