RE: Oracle RAC on Win vs. Oracle on Linux

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Robert Freeman" <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle list" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:43:00 -0500

Speaking out of some ignorance here on my part, but what about x64 Windows 2003
and beyond ?  I thought the 3gb limit was only on 32 bit Windows 2003.

________________________________

Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:05:10 -0800
From: robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Oracle RAC on Win vs. Oracle on Linux
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone want to jump in on their preferred platform for RAC? Personally I tend
to lean towards Linux for stability purposes, but I'd like your thoughts on why
you prefer either platform for RAC. Specifically why would you avoid windows
(other than the fact that it's evil), or would you?

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Master Principle Consultant, Oracle Corporation
Oracle ACE
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON ITS WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com <http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com/>

<http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/>