RE: Oracle RAC on Win vs. Oracle on Linux

Robert,

I don't agree that Window is evil. I seen problems with Windows NT (mostly
memory leak related)  but after handling Oracle databases on Windows 2000 or
newer version, it is quite stable. However it depends on SA of Windows server
how competent they are to configure and handle Windows server.

I am mostly supporting Oracle databases of various versions on HP, RedHat Linux
and Windows and did not find serious issues with Windows 2000+ servers.
Although it is not a preferred environment but due vendor requirements for
their application (specially for pharmceutical industry which needs validated
application/databases) we need to put Oracle databases on Windows 2000/2003
servers.

Regards

Rafiq

Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:05:10 -0800
From: robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Oracle RAC on Win vs. Oracle on Linux
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone want to jump in on their preferred platform for RAC? Personally I tend
to lean towards Linux for stability purposes, but I'd like your thoughts on why
you prefer either platform for RAC. Specifically why would you avoid windows
(other than the fact that it's evil), or would you?

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Master Principle Consultant, Oracle Corporation
Oracle ACE
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON ITS WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/