RE: Oracle RAC backup hardware/software recommendation?

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <MGogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mueller_m@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mueller_m@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:26:47 -0400

I have nothing but the best things to say about Veritas NetBackup. It is
fast, it is reliable, and I mostly don't either see or feel it, which is
an extremely good thing, given  that I am a DBA and that I have more
important things that I have to take care of. I needed Veritas only once,
when SA restored the needed tablespace and I performed recovery. For some
reason, our ceiling developed a leak and EMC Clarion RAID didn't develop
gills quickly enough to prevent me from doing recovery. When that has
happened, NetBackup did its job flawlessly. That is all that I have to
say. Our platform is SUN Solaris, 2 node RAC. Our platforms are not the
same so you may want to acquire some more information based on Linux.

--
Mladen Gogala
Ext. 121