Re: Oracle RAC and VIPs

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alessandro Vercelli <alever@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:38:27 -0500

If you think it's related to the resource not starting because of some dependency, then I'd suggest looking at $CRS_HOME/log/<nodename>/crsd/crsd.log on each node (especially the crashed node) and see what's there around the time of startup.

If the node won't boot, try booting it into single user mode and disabling clusterware from starting if you think clusterware is what's not allowing it to boot completely.

Dan

Alessandro Vercelli wrote:
O.S.: RHEL AS4
Hardware is HP BL45P, 4 x AMD Dual core, 8 Gb RAM.
Oracle 10.2.0.1,  RAC and Clusterware

Anyway, the issue became "crabbed", since the last attempt to start the failing
node succeeded, so I've one more task now...:)).

The failed attempts reported on the console that the listener nodeapp could not
start; looking into network configuration, I noticed vip IP address for the
failing listener was not allocated on that node but on its partner; please,
what log files do you suggest for errors?

Thanks,

Alessandro