Re: Oracle RAC ON Linux vs AIX

We're Pretty much an  AIX shop.
and ASM is something  we are not even  thinking about.

----- Original Message ----
From: Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: fuadar@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:30:23 AM
Subject: Re: Oracle RAC ON Linux vs AIX

Fuad,
with RAC 10gR2, there's no HACMP. And if you use ASM, no OCFS nor GPFS either,
so it gets down to the hardware cost, and above all, maintenance costs of the
servers, plus administrators availability (i.e. your guys know better Linux
than AIX, or the other way around, in many cases services around the servers
cost, over some years more than the servers themselves)

rgds

On 2/13/07, Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm doing a feasibility study on   Oracle RAC and wanted some comments  from
the folks using RAC.
Can someone give me the pros and cons of using RAC(10.2) on Linux vs AIX.
i know some of them include the free clustware with linux from oracle vs
HACMP(paid) option on AIX. OCFS from Oracle  vs  GPFS on AIX.
Looking for more info like how is patching and support of Oracle  on AIX vs
Linux(preferable RH AS).
Any comments or experiences appreciated.

Fuad