Re: Oracle RAC DRM - What is PREVIOUS_MASTER '32767'?

  • From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pdthedba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 11:24:49 -0500

If you can wait for another month you might find the details  in my
upcoming 11g RAC book.  However here is the short answer.

When you see 32K for the previous master, it just means that object
was never been mastered. When you see 32K for current master, it means
the object was just dissolved its affinity or read mostly behavior in
the last 10 minutes (i.e the DRM cycle). Read mostly locking is the
new enhancement to the cache fusion protocol in 11g .

-Gopal