Re: Oracle RAC 11gR2 and Linux Version

  • From: "ZhangLeyi (Kamus)" <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:46:00 +0800

Yes, OEL 6 is not supported yet, but we still have a large test system
which is running singe instance database with ASM on OEL 6u1, till now
is running without any problems.

Actually, by default, when you install GI 11.2 on OEL6, root.sh will
give error. you have to do some extra work to let GI can be installed on
OEL6 and let GI can start automatically after OS restart.

For workaround, please refer to:
http://desaitaral.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/oracle-linux-6-1-and-libcap-so-1-cannot-open-shared-object/
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2169331

Good luck.