Oracle Patching / CPU On Windows 2008

  • From: Scott Canaan <srcdco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 09:44:08 -0400

   We are having a problem installing the July CPU on Windows 2008 servers.
The problem is that OPatch wants to create a directory that starts with a
period (.) and Windows won't let it.  I've opened an SR with Oracle and they're
answer is that it's our issue with the way the servers are set up.  Our SAs say
it's Oracles problem and they aren't changing  anything.  It seems to be a
standoff and I'm caught in the middle.

   We didn't have the problem with Windows 2003 servers.

   My questions are: 1) Has anyone successfully installed this CPU on a Windows
2008 server?  2) If so, did you have to do anything specific to get it to run?

Scott Canaan '88 (Scott.Canaan@xxxxxxx<mailto:Scott.Canaan@xxxxxxx>)
(585) 475-7886 - work           (585) 339-8659 - cell
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer.