Re: Oracle Partitioning

  • From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 10:21:29 -0500

I don't know how much you know about Oracle partitioning (and I don't know
much - but more than I did a year ago) is you can have 2 basic types of
indexes on partitioned tables:
Global partitioned index and local partitioned indexes.  So yes there can
be some benefits when using index access methods even if you touch every
partition.  And vise versa, there be can severe penalties if your
partitioning scheme doesn't match the application usage.  You want to match
partitioning methods to the way the application access the data.

​I don't know if that helps much but thought I'd throw it out there.​

​Chris​