From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx =
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 1:06 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Oracle Partition Help

Hi

I am running a query against Oracle Table which is
partition locally. All index are also partition
locally and I had index on table1 column name COl1.
Table is partition by  ID,dateofBirth column

Now when I running=20
select * from table1 where col1=3D12345;

Is there advantage I will get on the above query which
is partitioned but not with Col1.=20
Is there any disadvantage of using partition in this
case. The requirement for partition is to delete data
when it is more that 1 yr old and each month partition
can have 10-20G data.

thanks
Sanjay

        =09
The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!=20
http://my.yahoo.com=20
=20