Oracle Packages vs PostgreSQL

  • From: "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 08:34:48 -0800

Hello,

I recently did a very popular webinar: PostgreSQL for Oracle people. Although PostgreSQL can be a replacement for many Oracle installations, PostgreSQL doesn't have Oracle style packages.

I was hoping someone on this list could help me understand the primary benefits of packages over standard Stored Procedures/UDFs (which PostgreSQL does have)?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/