Re: Oracle Options

Bryan,

Leave them alone.  It doesn't matter if they are installed, just whether or
not you are using them.  And, as you've seen and heard in responses, it is
non-trivial and dangerous to try to remove them.  Leave them alone and don't
worry about it.

Oracle takes the full onus for this, having all these options
inter-dependent on one another and installed by default besides.  They are
hoping that you will indeed buy after trying.  The implication here is, if
you use them, you buy.

Don't use what you don't want to license.  License only what you are going
to use, and the rest goes by the honor system.  If Oracle doesn't believe
you are playing fair and wants to audit you, then they will ask to do so,
and there are some pretty mundane ways to detect if you indeed are (or are
not) using these different options or whether they were just installed by
default.

Don't sweat it.

-Tim