Re: Oracle Options

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:42:24 -0600

on 5/19/05 12:04 PM, STEVE OLLIG at sollig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Usage, not installation or deinstallation, determines what you pay.
>
> How does licensing of these features work for test instances?  Say we use
> and pay for partitioning in production, do we also need to license the test
> box for EE w/ partitioning?  I'm told for us the answer is yes.  If we want
> to use partitioning in a test instance we have to pay for it.

We use the "named users" pricing scheme for non-production servers and the
"processor" pricing scheme for production servers.

Check "http://oraclestore.oracle.com"; for information on how to calculate
the minimum number of "named users" for a server for each type of product.
They have a lot of this stuff spelled out, so people can actually buy
products online...

But of course, OracleStore.oracle.com doesn't address your question
(licensing dev/test/etc), nor does it address the question of how to license
a standby for Data Guard, etc...