RE: Oracle Open World

  • From: "Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx" <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:14:13 +1000

Actually, the one on one consultations were something I helped introduce last
year, so this is the second time they've done them.  I'm not coordinating it
this time round because I moved to RAC Development since last year, but if it's
the same as last year here are a couple of comments:

1.  The people you'll be talking with are almost all top level consultants.
The quality of the people we had last year was outstanding.

2.  If you're interested in doing this, I'd suggest you pre-book.  Last year
IIRC we had something like 75% of the free consultations booked before OOW
opened.  This year it may even be worse.  :)  Pre-booking also allows us to
contact you beforehand to get specific details of your issues so the actual
talks are more focused.

3.  Given this year we have Oracle + PeopleSoft (+ maybe even Siebel?), it's
gonna be an incredibly full floor, so allow more time for getting round to talk
to people on the exhibition floor.

Unfortunately I won't be there at all this year because of my recent back
surgery.  But Chevy's is always good fun for the oracle-l dinner.  :)

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA