Oracle Migration Workbench Problems after upgrading to SQLDeveloper 1.5.1

  • From: "Arnold, Sandra" <ArnoldS@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:02:47 -0400

Does anyone use the Oracle Migration Workbench that is included in
SQLDeveloper?  I have been able to successfully migration Microsoft
Access databases to Oracle when using OMW in SQLDeveloper 1.5.  However
I upgraded to SQLDeveloper 1.5.1 and am now having problems when trying
to do the actual data move.  I have tried versions 2000 and 2003 of
Access. It is giving me ""ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" and
"Failed to disable constraints: Data Move" errors. I can't find anything
relating to this problem on any Forums, Metalink, etc.  Below are the
steps I am taking during the migration:

1) Connect to OMW repository after starting SQLDeveloper
2) Export Access database, "Run Microsoft Access 2000 Exporter"
3) Capture the Microsoft Access Exported XML
4) Convert the Captured Model to Oracle Model

There were Access data types that were converted to Oracle data types.
Long data types were converted to Number(11,0), Text data types were
converted to VARCHAR2, Memo data types were converted to CLOB, and
Access date data types were converted to Oracle date data types.

There were errors during the conversion but they were nothing that would
affect the data migration.

5) Generate the Oracle script from the Converted model

I did change the default tablespace for the user being created in this
script because I did not want the tables created in the USER tablespace.
I also added
CONNECT privilege to the following privileges (CREATE SESSION, RESOURCE,
CONNECT, CREATE VIEW) being granted to the user.

6) Run the script generated in step 5. No errors occurred.
7) Create a connection in SQLDeveloper for the user created in the
script.
8) Migrate Data.

Step 8 is where the two errors are occurring.

The Microsoft Access version is 2000 and my Oracle version is 10.2.0.4.
SQLDeveloper is installed on Windows XP.

Right now I have reinstalled the 1.5 version of SQLDeveloper because I
need to migrate some data today or tomorrow and need a working version.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandra Arnold
Sr. Database Administrator
DOE/OSTI