Re: Oracle - MS Access - Does your company have a policy about local vs. centralized data storage? (Perhaps a bit off topic?)

  • From: "Rumpi Gravenstein" <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 21:02:08 -0400

Isn't this what Oracle's Application Express (APEX) was designed for?

On 7/4/07, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

we have a strict policy that access databases are not allowed. It is
worked around, both inside and outside the IT department whose boss came up
with it.

My take is that if we offered an alternative and a migration service this
would help, we don't :(

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield