Oracle Installation on Windows

Greetings,

I'm having a conversation with one of my co-workers re privileges, oracle and
windows. I am working with Windows Server 2003, 64-bit and Oracle 10gR2. Our
standard practice is to create an Oracle account which is a member of the local
administrators group, essentially full administrative rights on the box. The
Oracle installation is done while logged in as the Oracle user. In one
situation I encountered problems and Oracle had me uninstall and then reinstall
while connected as the local admin account. I just installed the January 2009
CPU on a windows box and something broke. I opened an SR with Oracle, we solved
the problem but again the question arose as to whether the installation had
been done as Oracle or the local admin account with the suggestion that it
might be necessary to uninstall and reinstall while connected as the local
admin account. I have done quite a number of installations as Oracle rather
than the local admin account as well as upgrades and patching but twice the
question of who did the installation has arisen.

My question, can someone explain why, if oracle is a member of the
administrators group with full administrative rights on the box it would matter
whether the installation is done as Oracle or the local admin account? Is there
documentation available which might give me some more insight into this
question?

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis