Re: Oracle IT Modernization

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:20:52 +1100

Gints Plivna wrote,on my timestamp of 31/10/2006 10:23 AM:

I wonder whether Modernization will become a new buzzword - see more
http://www.oracle.com/technologies/modernization/index.html

Anyway from now on if you want to rewrite something or just throw
something away you can call it modernization :) I'm rather sure
management will accept modernization much better than rewriting
anything or throwing anything away :)

right up there with "refactoring" for total deranged nonsense value...

and probably the "next big thing",
or the "new black".

or some other equally idiotic expression
conceived by pea brain marketeers to
convince damagers with an even smaller
brain to part with the moolah they've been
"saving" by outsourcing and offshoring...

As MAD magazine would say: What, me worry? Narh!

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto