RE: Oracle Grid Agent for Veritas Cluster Active-Passive environment

  • From: "Austin Hackett" <Austin.Hackett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 09:10:41 +0100

Hi Sanjay

As I understand the way Oracle recommends that you install a Grid Agent
in an active/passive cluster is to install one agent per node, and then
an additional agent on cluster-aware storage for each VIP. This agent
moves around the cluster with the VIP and is stopped/started by the
clusterware scripts. In terms of the clustered agent, the key is to pass
the ORACLE_HOSTNAME parameter to runInstaller, specifying the hostname
of the VIP, rather than the local node node. Full details are given in
My Oracle Support Note "How to Configure Grid Control Agents to Monitor
Virtual Hostname in HA environments [ID 406014.1]". I used this approach
successfully for 10.2 agents in an HP Serviceguard Cluster, and
according to the support note the procedure applies to 10.2 and 11.1.

Hope this helps

Austin

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 17:34:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Oracle Grid Agent for Veritas Cluster Active-Passive
environment

I had a Veritas Cluster Non-RAC setup where I had 4 Database on Node1
and 4 on
Node2 and these cluster nodes act as High availability for each other.
All
database are running with own VIP. Both Nodes have Local Oracle Software
which
is 9i/10g/11g along with Oracle 11g Grid Agent.
Now if I failover one Database from Node A to Node B, then I can use
emcli and
can relocate the Agent configuration for Oracle Database listener.

What I need is to Automate the process so that I don't need to manuall
execute
the emcli command. I can do this using hares commands like. Anyone can
share the
process used with VCS commands. EM agent are always running on  both
nodes and
only Database might be moved few times.

TIA
Sanjay