Oracle General Ledger on Windows NT & changing the IP address

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:43:25 -0500

All,

Just when things are stable:

We have Oracle General Ledger application installed on an NT machine.
The database, app server & application itself are all installed on the
one machine.  This is in test mode only (The Oracle Sample VIS database
has been installed).

We are undergoing network reconfiguration.  The IP address of this
machine will be changing.  What effect will this have on the application
software itself?  None (I hope), right?  I can trash and reinstall
everything as it is just the test application - no real data in it.  But
I am hoping that nothing will need to be done.

Thanks

Tom