RE: Oracle & FC6

  • From: "Peter McLarty" <Peter_McLarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 21:53:50 +1000

Hi Mladen

I will say at this time Open Suse is a goer, I have an OpenSuse server in the
office running on some crap Dell hardware. Suse  installed painlessly and after
a bit of googling linked up to a page here
http://dizwell.com/main/content/view/94/1/ with how to get 10G running and a
few downloads later and Oracle has been running without issue for a number of
weeks as a test and training platform.

Seems a lot easier than some others The Suse installer is smooth and easy to
follow IMHO

HTH

Cheers

Peter McLarty
Technical Consultant
Service Delivery
<http://www.technologyonecorp.com>
Address:         67 High Street, Toowong QLD 4066
Phone:   +61733777542
Fax:     +61 7 3377 7301
Mobile:  +61410620391
Email:   Peter_McLarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web:     www.TechnologyOneCorp.com

EVOLVE 2007 - Connect. Learn. Empower.
Register today for the TechnologyOne Evolve 2007 User Conference
13 - 16 February 2007
Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre, Queensland, Australia
www.TechnologyOneCorp.com/Evolve

TechnologyOne has been providing comprehensive and deeply integrated enterprise
business software solutions for over 20 years. The company develops, markets,
sells, implements and supports its own world class, fully integrated software
solutions including Financials, HR & Payroll, Supply Chain, Business
Intelligence, Budgeting, Performance Planning, Property, Student Management and
Works & Assets. The company's solution suite is based on leading edge, state of
the art technology and backed up by a substantial research and development
program to ensure it continues to provide its clients with long term security.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND LIABILITY STATEMENT
TechnologyOne's entire liability will be limited to re-supplying the material
enclosed. No other warranties are provided. TechnologyOne accepts no liability
for any damage caused by this email or its attachments due to viruses,
interference, interception corruption or unauthorised access.
The information transmitted in this email is only for the recipient referred in
this email and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are
not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such
person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case any
use of, copying, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender immediately, destroy all copies of this information
and remove the material from the system. Please also contact the sender if you
have any doubts about the authenticity of this email. TechnologyOne is not
responsible for any changes made to a document other than those made by our
company or for the effect of the changes on the documents meaning. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the
official business of the company shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it. This email (including any attachments) may also contain
computer viruses or other defects. We use virus scanning software but exclude
all liability for viruses or similar in any attachment.
OUR COMMITMENT AGAINST SPAM
If you would prefer not to receive further messages from this sender, please
forward their email to Stop_Spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx We are against the
sending of unsolicited email (SPAM) and have made every effort within our
organisation to discourage and prohibit the sending of spam. If you believe
that you have been spammed please email Stop_Spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to
report your complaint.