RE: Oracle Exadata Machine

  • From: "Keith Moore" <kmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Goulet, Richard" <richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>, exriscer@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 11:36:57 -0500 (CDT)

Does the $600K figure include licensing? I saw a quote somewhere and don't
remember the details but do remember that the Oracle database licensing cost
was more than the hardware cost. Shocking!! :-)

And when you factor in the possible discounts, it's very difficult to get an
accurate price unless you're in actual purchase negotiations.

What I have seen is that in general the prices of specialized data appliances
run in the $500K to $2M range or possible more.

FWIW, I'm a shareholder in both Oracle and Neteeza in addition to being an
Oracle DBA.