From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of LS Cheng
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:52 AM
To: Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Oracle Exadata Machine

I think it's 600000 for a full rack and half rack 350000
And plus some software license if you dont already own one.

But then again I think this is what Teradata and Netezza costs (or
similar) so I guess it's targeted to very high profile customers

--
LSC

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Goulet, Richard
<Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        A couple of weeks ago I asked the list if anyone was using
HP/Oracle's Exadata machine..  The response was thunderous in it's
silence and I can now see why;
http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/exadata-pricelist.pdf
<http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/exadata-pricelist.pdf> .  Can
you say OUCH??

        Dick Goulet
        Senior Oracle DBA
        PAREXEL International
        900 Chelmsford St, Suite 310
        Lowell, MA 01821
        978.614.2857
        Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx

        The information transmitted in this communication is intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please destroy
any copies, contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.