Oracle Complete Recovery.

  • From: "Prabhu, K" <prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:23:48 +0000

All,

In an interview I'm asked this question that, how will you do complete recovery for a database which is running in archivelog mode.
I answered as first I'll restore all the backups then I'll mount the database, then I'll start the recovery by using command alter database revocery.

But my interviewer was not statisfied with my answer and he asked me is there any other way you can recover the database without using alter database command.

As the interviewer said is there any other way we can do that ?

your help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks.
Prabhu

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l