RE: Oracle Book Mal-practice...

  • From: "Schauss, R. Peter (IT Solutions)" <peter.schauss@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 15:07:00 -0500

FWIW, I have a heavily used 36gb SQL Server database on which I quietly
stopped reorganizing the indexes more than two years ago.  I have had no
performance complaints on this database which could be traced back to
the database.  If you read the SQL Server list on Lazy DBA everyone
recommends periodic reorganizing of indexes.

- Peter Schauss