Re: Oracle Apps Upgrade - Realistic Time Frame

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:23:19 -0700

Tanel has hit the nail on the head.  The key is number of modules and amoun=
of customizations.  I've worked on quite a few "plain vanilla" Apps 11i
installations and it is quite possible to use Apps 11i without any
customizations whatsoever, quite unlike all previous versions of Apps which
were virtually unusable without customizations.

What's needed is a thorough analysis of the business reasons for any
customizations in the earlier version coupled with thorough knowledge of 11=
functionality to determine whether the customization is still necessary.
This analysis can take quite a bit of time by itself, though in the end it
could potentially lead to a fast implementation.

But Tanel's floor figure of 12 weeks sounds more like it, assuming a
"vanilla" Apps 11i system in the end with only a few core modules, no
customizations, and no interfaces.  Adding more modules, adding
customizations, and adding interfaces and integrations will add months and
people...