Oracle Apps Upgrade - Realistic Time Frame

  • From: VICTORIA_PIERCE@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:03:28 -0500

One of our Business Analysts attended an OAUG meeting recently where he
was told by some Consultant marketing types that an upgrade of the
Financials from 11.0.3 to 11.5.X could be done in as little as 6 to 10
weeks.  Can anyone on the list validate this?  If not, what would be
considered realistic?  (We have AP, GL, FA, CE installed).  As a frame of
reference, I did a 10.6 to 10.7 upgrade (character based to Smart Client)
a couple of years ago;  Deloitte and Touche Consulting came in to
facilitate - it took 10 months.  I would anticipate a similar effort with
11.0.3 to 11i.???
Any input would be apreciated.

Vicki Pierce
Database Administration