RE: Oracle Application Server Admin

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <raindoctor@xxxxxxxxx>, <chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:36:32 -0500

I suspect I wasn't clear in the other thread when I asked what directory
convention you used.

I see you used ../log/server which creates a directory etc like all the
others, but I was also considering including orion-application.xml's in
the consideration.  For instance the two original xml files I have
presently go to ./  and ../../log as shown below.

Since I haven't changed them yet, I wondered if I would send ODL logging
to the same place also, and of course then it creates a directory
analogous to all the others...

Anyway, I'm presently on my oc4j directory... and I believe this might
be related...  Have SR on this, but sometimes they don't go in the
direction you envision.

IsWebCascheWorking:
<log>
<file path="application.log" />
</log>
Goes to:
home/application-deployments/IsWebCacheWorking/home_default_island_1/app
lication.log

em:
<log>
<file path="../../log/em-application.log" />
</log>
Goes to: OC4J_EM/log/OC4J_EM_default_island_1/em-application.log

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
x72546