RE: Oracle Advanced Security

  • From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mary.Sciuto@xxxxxxxxx" <Mary.Sciuto@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 04:19:51 +0000

We also purchased ASO about a year ago.  It works really well and it is
seamless to the users.  We have the data and network encryption turn on.  The
only issue we had with the network encryption was that we found there was a
user using an old VB application that was running off and Oracle 9i client
which was too old for network encryption.  Just had to upgrade that machine and
had no more issues.  We also have Data Guard too.  It is recommended to have
the DG site be running off and auto open wallet.

Jeff