Oracle 9i vs 10g MV refresh behaviour

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 10:49:08 -0800 (PST)

Is it correct that upgrading from 9i to 10g will change the MV refresh
behaviour. I checked in one forum that it will use delete command for complte
refresh instead of Truncate. Has anybody seen this issue. If this is true then
Is there any parameter in init.ora that can change the default behaiour of 9i
like using Truncate. I checked the forum and they are referring Atomic Refresh
attribute in DBMS_mview can revert the process but it is not good to modify
several MV.

Is it only true when we move from 9i to 10g or also true if MV are created in
10g itself.

TIA
Sanjay

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs