Oracle 9i RAC and Data Guard

  • From: Alex <stant_98@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:09:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We're running Oracle 9.2.0.5 on Windows 2000. Right now we have databases
configured in Data Gurad configuration with primary and stanby instances. The
question that came up today was whether it woul be a good idea to migrate to
RAC and keep Data Guard. Can someone share their experiences, and info on the
advantages/diadvantages, architecture setup, etc on this subject. I've read up
quite a bit about DG, but still have to catch up on RAC.

Thanks