RE: Oracle 9.2.0.5 "10046" Tracing Causes Server Crash on Windows 2000?

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:20:18 -0400

We were hoping to improve query performance with parallel although it =
may not be necessary in all circumstances.  Regarding parallel is it =
better to pick and choose what activities are performed in parallel?  I =
think we've basically defaulted it on after our performance improved in =
the areas we were concerned about.  What about V$PARAMETER error? Is =
that significant?  It keeps showing up in the alert log.=20

We had two occassions last week when I had to reboot the server.  The =
first was recorded in the logs I provided.  The second was when I =
arrived in the morning Friday and couldn't log in. I couldn't find any =
errors recorded anywhere. We installed 9.2.0.5 on Tuesday the 27th.