Re: Oracle 9.2 Standard Edition - Standby switchover issues

  • From: Luc Demanche <lucdemanche@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:48:29 -0500

Paul,

By doing "alter database activate standby database;", Oracle does a
resetlogs.
It means that I have to recreate a fresh standby database.

There is no Graceful switch ?  I found docs for Oracle8.1.7, create new
controlfile file, send redo log files, ...

My question is :
With Oracle 9.2, Standard Edition, we managing the standby database the same
way then the standby with Oracle 8.1.7

Thanks
Luc

--