Oracle 8.1.7.4 - Solaris 8 Auditing Question

  • From: "Henslee, Jeff" <jhenslee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:45:02 -0600

Environment: Solaris 8, Oracle 8.1.7.4

We're going to be going through a Sarbanes / Oxley Audit.  (Ya, I know, =
stinks to be me!)

The auditors are going to be asking (almost demanding) for auditing of =
sysdba accounts and possibly some other non-ERP application accounts =
that might be able to make updates to the DB outside of our ERP =
application. =20

Focusing on sysdba first.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Here's what I have done so far.

- Init.ora
AUDIT_TRAIL=3DOS

- sqlplus:
audit cluster, context, database link, dimension, directory, index, not =
exists, procedure, profile, public database link, public synonym, role, =
rollback segment, sequence, session, synonym, system audit, system =
grant, table, tablespace, trigger, type, user, view whenever successful;

All of these functions are performed by the DBA (me) through the sys =
account.  I am adding data files to a new database, all I get in the =
audit file(s) is the fact that I connected to the DB as sysdba.  I'm =
using the Complete Oracle 8i Reference Manual as my source document - =
but what am I missing?

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Jeffrey C. Henslee (Chico)
Six Sigma Green Belt
Wausau Window and Wall Systems