Re: Oracle 817 freezing

  • From: "Sergey Popov" <sspopov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rgoulet@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:01:17 -0500

Is database running in archivelog mode? Check you alert.log file on error
messages.
Check log_archive_start parameter value, log_archive_dest location on space
available.
Everything you are talking about is pointing on this problem.

Sergey

On 1/22/07, Richard J. Goulet <rgoulet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Brandon,

    One of the problems we're having is that we can't execute anything
except "shutdown abort".  Anything else just runs off into lala land.

Dick Goulet, Senior Oracle DBA

45 Bartlett St  Marlborough, Ma 01752, USA
*Tel.:* 598.573.1978 |F*ax: * 508.229.2019 | Cell:508.742.5795

RGoulet@xxxxxxxxxx

: POWERING TRANSFORMATION

*From:* oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Richard J. Goulet

    3: Database will not shutdown immediate even after half an hour of
waiting.  Must use shutdown abort.

consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed
by it.