Oracle 12c and All-Flash Technology

  • From: MJ Mody <emjay.mody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 22:02:10 -0600

Oracle SMEs
Reaching out to see if anyone has implemented 12c on Kaminario All-Flash storage technology. Apologies for open-endedness of question but would like to know any KPIs or benchmarks that have been netted.

Current preferred vendor is HP and we usually have Oracle running on combination of SAS/SSD drives. Been trying to convince my management to look at a ZFS/NetApp. In the case for Kaminario, it is fairly inexpensive in respect to it's competition.

Welcome any advice/anecdotal evidence.

Best
MJ - Oracle DBA (Windy City/Chiberian Tundra)