Oracle 11gR2 silent install issues

Oracle 11gR2 (11.2.0.1) on SPARC 64.  Used silent install for grid
infrastructure and got ASM configured and running.  Note that this is
just for a standalone server using ASM.

When I try to run the DBMS installer in silent mode, I'm getting this error:

[FATAL] [INS-35354] The system on which you are attempting to install
Oracle RAC is not part of a valid cluster.
   CAUSE: Prior to installing Oracle RAC, you must create a valid
cluster. This is done by deploying Grid Infrastructure software, which
will allow configuration of Oracle Clusterware and Automatic Storage
Management.
   ACTION: Grid Infrastructure can be installed from the separate
installation media included in your media pack. Alternatively, it can
be downloaded separately from Electronic Product Delivery (EPD) or the
Oracle Technology Network (OTN). This is typically installed as a
separate operating system user than the Oracle database and may have
been installed by your system administrator. See the installation
guide for more details.

I don't see anything on Google or metalink about this.  I've gone over
all the parameters in the response file, nothing to specify RAC or
non-RAC-iness.

Calling installer as such:

$ ./runInstaller -silent -responseFile /path/to/db_install.rsp

I get this error when I try both software-only and software-and-config options.

Anyone come across this before?

--
Don Seiler
http://seilerwerks.wordpress.com